Healthy campers are always happy campers! Here are some suggestions on Do's and Don'ts' to keep your camper going strong and feeling good during their day.
- In each camper's Breakfast, Lunch, or Snack try including one piece of fruit for a good blast of natural sugars!
- Do not include sugary treats such as cakes, soda, or fruit snacks. (These items actually dehydrate our campers and exhaust them quicker)
- Campers should bring water to drink, Gatorade or PowerAde would be an acceptable substitute that would not dehydrate your camper as quickly as soda or juice.
- Each camper should have a water bottle they will carry with them from station to station which will be refilled constantly so try labeling their water bottle with their name and favorite color.
- Hats, gloves, and scarves are all recommended items for each camper to bring with them for their Winter activities along with their Winter coats and long pants.
- It is good to stay warm but beware of too many bulky clothing items! Sometimes less is more, and since we will be staying active and moving it is good to have warm yet light weight flexible clothing to accommodate all of the exercise.